I like fun nails during my days at Uni. As we're allowed no make up, I make sure I make my nails as amazing as I can! I hadn't tried my Ciate Colour Smash varnishes yet (I got a set of the silver, black and white last year on a trip to Northampton) so I decided to try it out. I wasn't sure what colours to use as the base so I used a bunch!
First I applied the base colours and waited to dry, and then painted a generous amount of Ciate Colour Smash in white over the top. Overall I really loved Ciate's take on the crackle effect and they did a great job. See the products I used for making this look. What do you think of crackle effects? What is your favourite crackle effect nail polish? Thanks for reading! I love having a rainbow of glossy colours and these are the ones I selected. We have:
- Dating A Royal - OPI - A gorgeous deep electric blue inspired by Kate's engagement ring. The formula is great, as I know a lot of OPI's can be hit and miss. It has a long wear too!
- Fly - OPI - A gorgeous teal colour. This is one of my to go to polishes as it just looks stunning on the nails. This is part of the Nikki Minaj collection.
- Green With Envy - Sally Hansen - A lovely lime green. It's a dream to apply as it's creamy formula is so easy to work with. It has great wear too.
- Hampstead Gardens - Nails Inc - A gorgeous brown/yellow which is set to be a 'trend shade'. This was all over the catwalks last autumn and I expect it to make a return! I wasn't huge on the wear of this as I find Nails Inc chip not long after application.
- Chubby Cheeks - Essie - I love this colour! A gorgeous coral with a pink tone to it. I am completely in love. I think the wear to this is very similar to OPI. However this shade had a better pay off compared with many OPI shades I have.
- White Ciate Colour Smash. I love this. It has a better wear than a lot of crackle effects as many of them rub off, but this baby stays put. You can get this online from Ebay, Amazon etc, but not from Ciate anymore I'm afraid! Search online for it or outlets, I've seen these in TKmaxx a few times.