If you've read any previous posts you'll know that I am a huge nail art fan and I try to jazz up my nails in the most easiest ways. Today I'm sporting a mint nail with glitter gradient tips topped with a matte coat. I'm a huge fan of glitter and had just bought a matte top coat, so I was intrigued to how they'd work together.
What I used:
- OPI MERMAIDS TEARS - A creamy, glossy mint colour.
- OPI SERVIN' UP SPARKLE - A sparkly top coat with little glitter and larger hex glitter that have a holographic shine.
- RIMMEL 5 IN 1 BASE AND TOP COAT - A shiny clear varnish used for top and bottom coat.
- RIMMEL MATTE FINISH - A velvety top coat that transforms any polish to a matte finish
How I did it:
- First I applied Mermaids Tears. I used 2 coats and then waited to dry.
- I then dabbed Servin' Up Sparkle on the tips. I then kept layering, adding a varied amount of glitter to create the gradient effect. I used about 5 coats, and on the last coat made sure I had a few larger hex glitter to create more of a variety.
- I then applied a coat of the Rimmel 5 in 1 base and top coat to even out the surface ready for the matte coat
- Lastly I applied 2 coats of the Rimmel Matte Finish varnish.
And that's it! It's pretty simple and took no amount of skills - Just time! I took me an hour while sitting in front of the television to complete both nails as I wanted each coat to be completely dry before applying more. I will be reviewing the Rimmel Matte Coat and 5 in 1 Base and Top Coat very soon!
I'd love to know what you think!
Would you give it a go?
Thanks so much for reading, beautiful!